QEEG Certification (QEEG-D & QEEG-T)
The Quantitative EEG Certification is a distinction that indicates someone who has competency in the reading of electroencephalographic data (EEG), as well as mastery of the quantification of that data (as seen in brain maps). This online module is the 40-hour didactic course necessary for final accreditation.
QEEG Certification Overview
- Recording and Editing Raw EEG and Artifact Detection
- Basic Neurophysiology and Neuroanatomy
- Medication/Drug Effects
- Database Analysis
- Clinical and Cognitive Aspects
- Montages and Spectral and Topographic Aspects of the EEG
- QEEG Analysis and Neurofeedback Application
- Ethical and Professional Conduct
- Practice Exam
*The online practicum is taught virtually several times each year. Check back soon for the online course calendar for this module.
Steps to earn a QEEG-D or QEEG-T
- Register with the International Quantitative EEG Certification Board online here.
- Submit an application with documentation of the necessary educational prerequisite and pay a filing fee to the International Quantitative EEG Certification Board here.
- Get mentored! To receive the QEEG-D or QEEG-T designation, you must demonstrate competency through working with an established mentor, who has earned the status of QEEG-D. You will want to choose a mentor who is experienced in the field of neurotherapy and who has the skillsets and uses the types of software you would like to become proficient in. The mentor and mentee will spend a minimum of 10 contact hours together. The mentor must be a QEEG-D and will review five EEGs and QEEGs to check your competence in EEG acquisition and QEEG interpretation.
- Attend a 40-hour online didactic course—register here!
- Take the exam. Registration for exam is here. Reading list will be available soon in our Knowledge Library to registered members. The exam is three hours and consists of:
- Editing Raw EEG and Artifacts
- Drug Effects
- Database Analysis
- Clinical and Cognitive aspects of QEEG and EEG
- Topographic and Spectral EEG and Montages