BCIA Certification (BCN & BCN-T)
BCIA Neurofeedback Certification Program. 36 hours BCIA Didactic & 36 APA CEs. Affordable self-paced home-study program.
Enroll anytime and progress at your own pace.
The BCIA Board Certification in Neurofeedback is a fundamental certification recognizing individuals who have demonstrated competency in the field of Neurofeedback. This online module is the 36-hour didactic course necessary for final accreditation.
The BCN certification is available to individuals who have a bachelor’s degree in a healthcare field, the Technician level certification (BCN-T) is available for individuals without a bachelor’s level degree in a healthcare field.
BCIA Certification Overview
- Orientation to NFB (4 hours)
- Basic Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology (4 hours)
- Instrumentation and Electronics (4 hours)
- Research Evidence Base for Neurofeedback (2 hours)
- Psychopharmacological Considerations (2 hours)
- Patient/Client Assessment & Intake (4 hours)
- Developing Treatment Protocols (6 hours)
- Treatment Implementation (6 hours)
- Current Trends in NFB (2 hours)
- Ethics and Professional Conduct (2 hours)
Steps to earning your BCN or BCN-T
The order of 3 through 5 need not be sequential.
- Submit an application to the BCIA
- Pay the $150 registration fee
- Take a live or online Neuroanatomy, Neurophysiology, or Physiological Psychology course and provide a transcript or proof of successful completion.
- Take a 36-hour didactic training course.
- Find a BCN-Approved Mentor and complete/document the following sessions:
- 25 contact hours, 2 of which must be face-to-face. In these sessions, the mentor must document and sign off that the mentee has completed:
- Personal Neurofeedback Training Demonstrating Ability to Self Regulate – 10 sessions
- Clinical Neurofeedback Treatment with Clients/Patients – 100 sessions
- Neurofeedback Case Studies with mentor – 10 Presentations (BCIA will also allow 1 contact hour and 2 case conference presentation hours if mentees attend BCIA Neurofeedback webinars)
- Register and take the exam.
VISIT BCIA.ORG FOR MORE INFORMATION